Maximisez l’impact de vos formations.
Fundamentals of Gamification: Course content
We start by learning the fundamental ingredients of games, from tic-tac-toe to tennis to Super Mario.
- Anatomy of a game
Then, we jump into the step-by-step process:
- Analyzing your content to reveal the underlying game
- Designing the basic gameplay loop
- Criteria for a successful challenge
Building a level template
- Range of outcomes
Once the core game loop is built, we continue the step-by-step process:
- Varying challenges
- Setting the win condition
- Handling player failure
- Fostering player autonomy and building mastery
- Intro to difficulty balancing
This week we fill your design toolbox with motivational mechanics, and you will learn when to use them for optimal effect.
- Intrinsic motivation vs Extrinsic rewards
- Content gating
- Powerup types
- Effective badge systems
- Bonus missions
- Shaping behavior through a motivational system
- Setting up a rewards system
This week is all about making sure the player understands their goals and progress, and feel clever going through your training game.
- Fixing issues with difficulty
- Communicating with the player
- Signs and feedback
- Effective tutorials
- Theme and player fantasy
Once you’ve been through the process, you will unlock new tools to best match your content:
- Complex game types
- Multiplayer mechanics